Friday, January 8, 2010

Blail (blog fail)

Ok, I'm a blogging failure. I've tried to write a post many times, but to tell you the truth, it's a good thing that I didn't because it would have been boring. Since my last post, on November 4th, I have worked many more hours at the toy store (including holiday hours which were nightmarish), gone salsa dancing again a few times, spent time with old friends home from college for the holidays, packed for Spain (I'M LEAVING THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW) and gone through NBC withdrawal because of its month-long comedy hiatus.

So aren't you glad that I have neglected these gap year chronicles? Get ready for some real entries soon though. I will be in Seville, Spain from January 10th to May 15th, with a week-long pause somewhere in the middle there for my cousin's wedding.

Let me tell you right now what I am excited about and what I am nervous about.

EXCITED ABOUT:
- seeing/being a part of a beautiful city
- becoming fluent in Spanish
- eating (here's hoping that they like jamón serrano as much in Sevilla as they did in Madrid. This cured meat is so incredibly delicious!)
- being warmer than I am right now
- making new friends, both American and Spanish
- developing a relationship with my host family
- riding a camel on the trip to Morocco

NERVOUS ABOUT:
- failing to become fluent in Spanish
- eating fish, which doesn't agree with me but which I understand is a staple in southern Spain
- being placed with a host family with whom I do not get along
- falling off a camel on the trip to Morocco

Also, my brother Zander keeps telling me that I'm going to get sold into sex slavery. I was doing an okay job ignoring this horrible prophecy of his until I watched that movie Taken with Liam Neeson. Fun movie. Stupid brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment